Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Happy Challenge-Accepted-Birthday Spunk!

Alright people!  
Let's get down to business!

  It's a few days into the month but I am feeling good and am up for accepting a challenge!

I have been following (ever so not creepily) Jordan Page aka the Fun Cheap or Free Queen for ages now and I love her enthusiasm and her drive to strive for a better ways to live for you and your family.

This month she has a challenge that she has extended to all of those in the blogosphere and I wish to take it on as well.



Money has always been a funny thing to me.  I never can seem to keep a hold on it long so I'm game for a little extra greenbacks!


Holla!   Find more about it here:

I've already started this month out with a birthday and I'd say I did pretty good.  We did go out for dinner, to an awesome place in Boise called the RAM and by chance it was our lucky night and we got Everlie's kids meal for $1.  We did have a Birthday card in the mail that gave us a free meal, but we decided to keep that for another time.  Saving about $4.  Not much but in this game...every penny counts

*Tip: Sign up at resuterants and recieve good deals on your birthday.  I look forward to my free entree at Tucanos every year.  YUM!!





Back to the birthday:
Spunky wanted a BTS cake and instead of making it easier buying the cake mix, the Cool Whip, Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch caramel sauce (can you say drizzle-that-over-your-fingers-and-lick-it-up-yum?!)  I did everything from scratch, which of course took more time, and made a bigger mess-but I saved money!

Pinterest, as you well know, or have yet to find out is my Kryptonite.  It sucks me in and I have a hard time coming back to reality.  I {heart} it very much for the wonderful things and ideas it has.

There I found a recipes for:
Devils food cake   
Homemade Cool Whip
and
Butterscotch Caramel Sauce

Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes and cool ideas!

The other items crossed off we're either things that I ended up having or improvised...

And Voila!!!

Cost me under $20 to have breakfast, cake and dinner (for another night) this trip.  Plus they had cereal for $1.98 on sale so I scored two boxes of those while I was there.  I try to spend around $2 for my family's cereal because we go through it FAST!

And here is the end result of my hard homemaking labors:

mejor que el sexo de la torta
or BTS cake ;)

 Looks like a winner!!  Happy Birthday Spunk!!


(Like my 3 and 1 candles...? I totally had enough but got lazy...eh more for next time :)

 He looks way excited right?  I'm pretty sure it's because I saved money on the cake....


Join in the $100 Challenge and see how much you can save this month!


What do you do to save mula in your home??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some comment love!