Thursday, July 18, 2019

Magic Pratice No. 1

I'm been delving into the self help book section for almost  4 years now... something that I have zero shame in. I don't know why is a bigger deal to understand who you are, what you like, what you don't like. Although I feel that people are pretty good about knowing what they don't like, it's just they don't know what to do about it... FOLKS! PICK UP A DAMN BOOK ALREADY!! There is SO much information out there, you'll NEVER have time to read it all. Believe me, that was a fear I had to talk myself out of that it was ok that I won't read ALL of the books. How do you know which one is for you??
My favorite answer is... YOU do.

If you can ignore your kids while you scroll through IG or FB you can certainly take 5 minutes and be by yourself and reacquaint yourself with the sound of your breath. Literally let yourself sit and just be.  I personally like my bedroom closet. It's dark and I gladly can lock my bedroom door and allow some self love and connect with my higher being and ground myself to mother Earth. It's wonderful and glorious and it's important enough to set an alarm in your phone to do that.

Carrying on...I picked up a book about 2 year ago called, The Magic by Rhonda Byrne. It has 28 days worth of practices that allows you to create a headspace outside your normal humdrum. And not joking I had really incredible results from the get go so here I am doing it again. Each day, my goal is to write about my experience and then we get to see what happens. I mainly am doing it this way because typing is SOOOOO much faster than print. Lazy of me, I know. So with that...

Magic Practice No. 1
Write ten things you are grateful for and why. Then read through each either out loud or inside you mind and end each grateful prompt with the magic words, thank you, thank you, thank you. 

1. I am grateful to wake up to sun streaming in my window because it makes me feel like the day is going to be a good day.
2. I am grateful to have a home to make my own.
3. I am grateful for parts of me that need attention so I can help myself get back to health.
4. I am grateful I didn't lose my cool with my kids yet this morning so we can have a happier day.
5. I am grateful I have the choice to choose how I feel at any given moment because how my day goes is up to me.
6. I am grateful for my babies to teach me things I wouldn't otherwise learn.
7. I am grateful for waking up to a messy-haired baby because it puts a smile on my face...and it's adorable.
8. I am grateful to be getting the sleep my body needs even though it means waking up later.
9. I am grateful to know that my exercise routine can be put on pause and be picked back up whenever I'm ready to go back.
10. I am grateful for a guy like Tony Robbins to teach me more about money so my days of being financially free are on its way.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some comment love!