Friday, February 28, 2014

Fantabulous Friday Find

Let me introduce you to a new segment that I'm really excited about.  I hope it will inspire me to post at least once a week.

I was planning on really getting on the ball with posting this last entry but I ended having a week from you-know-where...

the kind from aych-ee-double hockeysticks?? But I did survive and it did lead me to this breakthrough idea so I find it worth it.

Having such a week, I found myself (or rather my daughter) invited to a birthday party. With little time (and dough) I came up with this little diddy...

Ready??
Eeeek!!!
:)






























Nothing earth shattering, but I found it cute and wanted to share!

Luckily I buy little things here and there that are on sale and store for such occasions.
 So...gift.  
 Check!  
And lucky for you I was out of wrapping paper... more like out of "regular" cute wrapping paper and didn't think Christmas wrap would quite do for this.  But what I did have was brown wrapping paper which I keep on hand often (and because I really, really LOVE it :) I get my rolls from the dollar store. Cheap, easy, and customizable.

Supplies needed:

  • Gift (of course...)
  • Scissors
  • Tape ( Washi tape-another love of mine-would be absolutely adorbs ;)
  • Crayons, Markers, ect.
  • Your child's awesome art skills


 

Resulting in a little of this...


A little of that...


And BAM!! Instant homemade birthday [or any other occasion] wrapping paper
--homemade with love.


Of course I have a plethora of gift bags that I will never be short on, but in all seriousness, the satisfaction of ripping off paper to reveal your gift is waaaaay more cooler.

At least to me.
What do you do for gifts/wrapping in a pinch?



Happy Friday all!


much love,
-a


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some comment love!