Sunday, November 17, 2013

the one where I have a week with no kids...

I'm not going to lie to you and say that when my husband told me I would get a kid-free week I probably almost fainted with delight.

No cleaning up poopie panties?
No wiping up spilled milk that the dog is trying to lap up?
No waking up in the middle of the night with size 6T tootsies kicking my face?

It was almost too good to be true.

And it came true.

At the expense of my MIL having to get knee replacement surgery   Don't worry she's doing great.  Especially with a gaggle of grandchildren at her house.

And me?

I have an empty house.

Boo.

Don't worry.  I cry every night around their bedtime since that's one of my favorite parts of the day.  And not because I can do go the bathroom by myself and I have a chance to put away last Thursdays dishes or (finally!) catch up on my Nashville after they're in bed.  It's my is my favorite part of the day because that's when we unwind with our nighttime routine.  Taking tubbies, drying little tushies, combing hair, brushing teeth, slathering their baby soft skin with lotion, getting jammies on, reading books, watching a conference talk, saying prayers, tucking in and singing songs.

But once I get over that I go to my to do list and do a dance that I have the means AND the TIME to try to do it all.

Pretty sure that I won't get to it all, but it's worth a try.

#1 blog.... check!  (I'm trying to be better.  Family in my book comes first so you can tell where my head has been lately.  Along with school and blaa blaa blaa...)

#2 Paint tv stand.  It's black and I want it off white-ish gray.  Still working on the color in my mind.

#3 Cover couch pillows.  Fun.  I'm excited for this one.

#4 Clear out and reorganize closet.  In the works for both me and Spunky, but for the children as well.  They still have summer clothes that obviously aren't being worn right now.

#5 Garage.  I laugh at this one.  I need a backhoe, a uhaul, and a paint gun for this one.  (slightly exaggerating but you get the idea ;)

#6 Plan and design my flower and vegetable garden for next year.  I have sequentially killed my gardens every year since I've tried planting anything green.  This next year is THE year. Spring bulbs are needing to go in ASAP

#7 Last mow of the season and bring everything outside in.  I tried to do that on Saturday, but it's kinda hard when it rains and hails all day :(

#8 Various put off sewing ventures like, fixing my skirt and hopefully making Ev a skirt... I just gots things to sew man!

#9 Clean out my hutch.  It's gross.  I cry inside every time I look at it.


#10 Plan out Christmas and a birthday.

Phew!  That was a task in and of its self to remember that all...  Think I can get to it all?

Stay tuned to find out :)

Much love
-a


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some comment love!